Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A bit of Sei Hei Ki

I've been working on a new print project as you can see. This one is a continuation of the Reiki theme I started earlier. This symbol called Sei Hei Ki (pronounced "say hey key") is used for emotional and mental healing. Translated the words mean "God and Man coming together". It is used for a number of reasons including balancing the right and left side of the brain, healing past traumas and aiding in removing addictions.

Lino block detail:

I found this project a good challenge. The curly ques and vine tendrils are very small and I was afraid I brake down the edges while cutting away the extra around them. All in all I think it worked out well and I like the Art Nouveau feel to the whole design.

1 comment:

Teresa N said...

this is lovely, LM - and must have been extremely fiddly to do. I've lost many a vital part of a design by cutting things too close LOL.