Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Mr. Sun

The air is so heavy today. This is typical of summers in New England. We call it "muggy" but really what it is is rain without clouds. You feel wet before reaching the car and the biting bugs love this weather. I do love the sun though and I was hoping to get some drawing time in on my Wacom tablet to get an idea down. At first I found it a bit awkward to use, mainly because the pens thickness, but also just for the simple fact of using a computer program for the medium. It's a learning curve for me to be able to manipulate the colors to be just right. I find mixing paint easier though it wasn't always so.

The finished product is Mr. Sun you see below. But unfortunately, you can't see my shading work on the sun's rays and lips (you can see some work on his eyes). But perhaps that is my small 19" screens fault. I thought he'd be fun to add to shirts and other merchandise in my store Lasgalen Arts because he has such a nice personality. I don't mind sharing.

No comments: