Monday, January 23, 2012

Stone Falcon

The inspiration of this last lino cut was from the January 2012 National Geographic article The Golden Chiefs of Panama. While browsing through the beautiful artifacts on their site I was drawn to one particular piece. It was a stone pendant carved like a falcon.

I'm always drawn to carved animal figures. It's an odd attraction I have to them. Whether there is a mystical reason that I've not unearthed or just admiration for those who create them I'm not sure. I have several carved figures in my possession that I've found or purchased over the years. A bull I won in a library auction, a bear I purchased in New Mexico and a scarab beetle I found in Egypt to name a few.

Anyway, here is my latest print of the stone falcon.

1 comment:

Airwin said...

I like your falcon better. ;-)

Very nicely done!