Thursday, January 12, 2012

Stone Swimmer

Although later today I'll be inking up my newest lino cut I am playing again with PhotoShop this morning. From this week's experiments of merging two images together I was encouraged to try again this time with different sources. Somewhere along the line I had found a  collection of stone (mostly marble) text files. I love the more natural elemental designs and thought I'd put them to use today.

I was intrigued by one of my older photographs of a girl in a swimming pool. The lines of her suit, the water and the wisp of hair was most definitely what I was trying to capture. Lines bending fluidly has been one of my fascinations. I found the same pattern of lines within my collection of stone textures. In particular of interest was the blue stone which almost matches the blue of the pool the swimmer lay in.

Putting them together with a few minor adjustments and here is the result. I am quite pleased with it.





No comments: