Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Pink Tulips

Every spring I get crazy and crave tulips. Perhaps because I see them in the market in March when the weather is still chilly and snow is still on the ground. By March I am ready for spring and even if it means spending money on flowers which only last 5 to 6 days for inside my home, I'll have to have them to sooth my soul.

There is only one problem when purchasing tulips from the market in March. They of course are grown in hot houses and then displayed in the stores in buckets leaning to one side. When I get them home and place in a vase they droop as if weeping they know their days are numbered. After 12 hours they perk up and their heads seem to rise up in the air dragging their stems with them. The effect is an unruly bunch of tulips seemingly swaying in the air.

Photographing them is a challenge.



1 comment:

Teresa N said...

I love tulips, L-M, and I love that crazy randomness you get when they try and straighten up! great photos.